Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween


We had a great Halloween this year, and made good use out of our costumes. We had a Halloween playgroup, went to a nursing home for a Halloween Parade (and we weren't very afraid of the old people, just maybe a little shy when the old men asked if they could give a hug), had Trunk or Treating (trick or treating from the trunks of cars in a parking lot...) and of course the big day! Luke loved his cow costume (probably because it kept him warm!) and Olivia was a great little bee.


Halloween night had us out at 6 (pretty early around here) and we hit up just our side of the street. The kids had a great time and Luke was very excited to tell people the most random things. Like when we were at house number 36 and he decided to take that moment to tell everyone that he knew his numbers. "I see 6!! I see 6!" "Oh! I see 3, number 3!"...we were very proud. He then thought someone's porch was a bridge and jumped on it for a few minutes until I told him a troll was coming...ha ha, he got off pretty fast.

I'm enjoying these years when we get to take them around and only hit a few houses. I know in a few years we'll have to do the other end of the street as well as a few others. I know 20 houses won't be good enough!


No comments: