Today was my first parent/teacher conference for Olivia. I was pretty nervous because you never know what they're doing when they are away from you...but I was really happy with her report!
Olivia's teachers told me that Olivia has a lot of friends in class, in fact, they say she'll play with anyone. She doesn't like to play alone and often invites herself into other groups to play if she sees something she wants to be part of. She also "waits her turn" (What?) and cleans up (what?) with the class. I was really happy with that because it's a rarity at home!
She is ahead of the class academically because she can write her name and knows all her letters (though sometimes her name isn't quite in order). And they told me some ideas on getting her ready for Kindergarten, even though she still has to do the 4 program next year.
They told me that she is very "adaptable" in all class situations...they sort of indicated that some of the kids aren't always very good at sharing, but she moves on to something else (totally not what happens at home!...maybe that's why!)
It was a great report (I'm so totally gloating over this right now....sorry)
And in her afternoon class, I walk in and the teacher yells out "Olivia just zipped her coat by herself!!!" I didn't have the heart to tell the teacher she's done it a few times over the past few weeks because she was so excited about it! It was a good day for Olivia!
No comments:
Post a Comment