Monday, April 27, 2009

Hiking on a Saturday

Saturday we decided to head back up to the mountain we used to hike when we were younger...and in better shape... Sleeping Giant Park is right across from Quinipeac College (which is beautiful) and is apparently a mountain shaped like a sleeping giant. There is an indian legend about it, but I'll spare you.

We picked a trail that was marked "moderate with slight rises". Well, if that was a slight rise, I would like to see what "steep paths" look like! We were literally pulling on tree roots to get up the mountain.


I made the mistake of commenting it was "like we were climbing Mt. Everest", Olivia took that and kept saying we were climbing "Mt. Foreverst". (It did feel that way at points)

We finally made it to one of the peaks and stopped for a picture and a snack. We had to start heading down after we determined that the map (which was very poorly drawn I would like to add) said we had to go up more to get down. (I guess we should have taken a hint from the old guy who was whistling and said "wow, you guys are adventurous")

But, we had a great time. Olivia climbed the whole time. Luke asked for a ride a lot...he needs to grow longer legs.

I'm pretty sure we didn't scare them off hiking, which is a good thing!!


No comments: