Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Camping 101

So, we took our first trip camping this past weekend. I was not sure what to expect, but it certainly wasn't all the stuff we needed!! We had packed most of the trunk before we realized that we were going to need a roof bag for a lot of stuff! (probably a good investment anyway since we'll be heading to the beach this summer again) So, Cabela's it was for another addition to our camping arsenal!


I had been making fun of Brad for all the stuff he seemed to think we needed. Like all the lanterns (totally worth it) and the tent over the picnic table...I laughed really hard at that...but WOW was that awesome!! To eat without flies all over the food, and no bugs eating us! Fabulous!

Of course for me camping=S'mores (pretty much the only reason I agreed to camping was for the marshmallow and graham cracker treat). Luckily I have Olivia who loved them as much as I do! Luke wasn't such a fan, but he did like the marshmallows! (and the chocolate of course!)

We head out for another camping trip over 4th of July weekend. That 's a 3 night trip...maybe a bit too ambitious for us at this point, but I guess we'll try it!!

No comments: