Friday, December 17, 2010

Olivia's Christmas concert

So, yesterday I had one of two days when I wasn't working this month, and it just happened to be Olivia's Christmas concert.  Note to self...20 minutes is NOT early enough to find a seat at an elementary school concert!  I barely found a place for my car, and I just eeked out a bit of wall to lean against!  Unfortunately I had NO idea that Olivia was going to be signing by herself (well, her and a girl named Catherine!!).  Not only would i have been there way earlier, I would have made triple sure that the video camera battery was charged!  Luckily (thank you video god) I had just enough to record her big moment and the rest of the song! I would have liked to get more obviously, but this was lucky!
I get to the gym where the concert is and find my neighbor Jen who tells me that her son Alex told her that Olivia is singing in front of everyone at the microphone.  I didn't really believe it at first, but then I thought about the little hints she gave me about her and a girl named Catherine and the microphone.  But, never did I think she was going to be singing in front of the whole group! 
I think she's a great singer, but she's my daughter, so I probably think she's the greatest person on earth.  I'm starting to wonder if either she just had really good stage presence, or other people think she's a good singer.  Remember last year's talent show when she was one of two kids chosen to sing there too??
Here it is, her latest starring moment!!

No comments: