We just returned from our annual trip to Sunset Beach, NC. Once again we had a great time. We started off the week heading down each morning laden with chairs, buckets, umbrellas and books, and as the week progressed, we were down to just snacks and buckets and maybe a chair or two. I know I barely sat in a chair! The kids were total beach bums, hanging out in the water all day. The beach is really great there because it's very shallow really far out, so you can walk about 100 yards into the water and still be up to about your knees. And when the tide goes out, there are a lot of little tidal pools left over.
This year we had a first, with Luke locking himself in a bedroom by accident ("I turned it!"). Despite our coaxing him on turning it back the other way, we had to dissassemble the door knob to get him out. I guess he didn't understand our directions!
We also found a great amusement park for the kids down at Myrtle Beach. Olivia went on every ride she could, all alone! She was even the first one in the rollercoaster, in the first car!! She had so much fun. Luke decided to get in on the action and actually rode 3 rides by himself! Olivia was either in front or next to him. He had so much fun, we haven't laughed that hard in a long time (well, except when we were making fun of uncle Kevin, the lobster...Christmas present, spf 125).
We hit up some mini golf, but that didn't go very well. The kids were sort of in the way, which meant we weren't keeping score and apparently if there isn't going to be a winner, there is no point in finishing! There were some super slow golfers up ahead, so we had to just get out of there and get some ice cream instead!
It was a great week. I know the kids can't wait until next year. I can wait only because that car ride is torture.
No comments:
Post a Comment