Friday, August 8, 2008

Project Completed!



I've been wanting for the longest time to do a backsplash in the kitchen, and I finally put the order in at Home Depot only to have it arrive the day before we left for the beach!
So I spent the whole week dying to get home and do this already! It took me three days, even though it was pretty easy, but it involved a lot of measuring and cutting around areas of the sink and of course, being an old house, nothing is straight! I would get one piece perfect and then find the next cabinet was lower! Then someone (I won't name names, Olivia) needed to play games and do puzzles and crafts while I was in the middle of pressing tiles on!
There are a few things I need to fix for the "project supervisor", but I think it looks pretty good! Definitely better than the yellow walls that were there before! And it's easy to clean.

Here's Olivia serenading me as I finish up.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Hoekzema said...

Cake stand with fancy cupcakes to celebrate? Love the funfetti.