Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'm a foodie


Look, I'm blogging about food!! It's no secret that I love to cook. While Brad has the desire to one day be a chef, I stick to cooking for family and friends. It drives me nuts when I cook a really complicated meal and the kids don't eat it. I was a picky eater as a child...and though I still stray from tuna and sushi and brussell sprouts, I am making strides to try different things all the time.
I am in no way a "chef" since I can only cook by recipe (I would starve without my plethora of cooking magazines and cookbooks). And I am a snob about where my recipes come from (not from Woman's World mom). But, I have to say I haven't really made any bad meals yet (Brad you are SO lucky). This also means that the kids know around 4:30 I dissappear into the kitchen for our 6 o'clock meal.
The photo above was what I made for our neighbors for the holidays. A holiday cake including pumpkin, nuts, cranberries and apples (seriously, I had problems with the pumpkin part...sounded gross, but actually tasted divine). There was a maple icing and the best part of all, sugared cranberries. They were like candy. You made a simple syrup, tossed the cranberries in, let them sit over night and then roll them in superfine sugar. Awesome.
One of my neighbors asked for the recipe, which made me feel good, then sort of lame since I got the recipe from a blog Brad found!

No comments: