Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Years Resolutions

I never make New Year's Resolutions because they are always the things I can't follow through on:
Keep better track of the finances (I usually pay attention for the first two weeks and then just defer to Brad)
Get in shape (this one I jumpstarted back in October, so take that Jan 1!)
Have more patience
Communicate (shooting dirty looks doesn't count as communicating)
Get organized (I got better last year, but I'm still lacking)

This year I'm going to make an effort to put some pictures in albums (like the ones from when Luke was born...oops, it's been a while)
Finish editing more family videos (that no one seems to care to watch - except the Disney trip, but I know one day we'll laugh at)
Maybe find a part time job (but seriously, how can I when I have Luke with me all the time? )
Get a babysitter more (twice in 2009 is a record for us)
Actually send mail to people (paper mail, not email)
Clean up the toys more often (the excuse that they'll play with them tomorrow, what's the point is not going to cut it in 2010!)
And whip my kids in shape. Luke has us totally at his mercy for whatever he wants and Olivia has horrible table manners. So, the discipline books are back on the table (not to be used as coasters) and I'm dusting off the naughty step. I might have to DVR the Super Nanny a few times (though those kids always make mine look perfect)
As president of my MOMs club, I am going to make an effort to get people more involved in things (though I've learned you can't make people do things by just talking about it to other people...I should really just call people)
That brings me to another resolution...call people. I'm horrible. I don't have to call my sister too much since she always calls me first, but I am terrible about calling people (I love to text). So, I'll make an effort to call people more.
We're 3 days into the new year...will I be able to get any of this accomplished in the next 362 days?

1 comment:

KatieStraus said...

great resolutions!! the calling people rather then texting or "facebook emailing" (as i do) is such a great one.