
For Olivia's 5th birthday, we took a big trip to New York City (sadly, the kids first time there...shame on us!). They had a BLAST! We took the subway (Luke's favorite part, even though a panhandler came through, he likes to tell everyone about the man sleeping on the train) and went to the American Girl Place (Olivia's favorite place). For her birthday, we let her pick out her first doll there. It was an overwhelming experience, 3 floors of dolls, clothes and accessories. Luckily we had been studying in advance and had many magazines stashed around the house. So, Olivia knew which doll she wanted when we got there. (not that she was influenced by her mom in any way at all)

She was so excited to take her doll home! She was sweetly spoiled by her grandparents who bought her outfits and matching pj's which she loves to wear with her doll (who sleeps next to her on a pillow) and her aunt Jess and uncle Kevin who bought her doll her very own pet, Pepper, who sleeps in a little basket next to her at night. (Olivia proves to be the best pet keeper in our house since Pepper is always comfy in his basket, Luke's zhu zhu hamster is missing again)

After the store, we headed to the American Museum of Natural History. We had so much fun there. I haven't been there in years, but I remembered a few things like the enormous whale hanging from the ceiling in the oceans room. The butterfly room was really cool, and the kids loved the planetarium (Luke likes to tell everyone that stars are made of gas). All in all, it was a great day!
Here is her doll Rebecca dressed in her movies outfit. (I think I influenced Olivia's choice in doll because she had the nicest clothes, I'm saving up to buy her the flapper dress)
No comments:
Post a Comment