Sunday, May 2, 2010

Garden update


I've moved about 50% of the seedlings to the garden!  We started work on it two weeks ago, but up until this week it was just rows of straw (which always gets a second look, no one else seems to mind weeds in their paths) and some mounds.  Now there are green sprouts coming out!  They're really small though, so I have to wait a bit before doing much weeding because I can't tell what's a plant and what's a weed! 

The garden seems to be 50 times hotter than it is in our backyard.  When we got there today, thinking we'd just water I think we all wanted to run through the sprinkler.  It was like being on the face of the earth.  Good for the plants, and the weeds (boo).  I guess it won't be hard to plant the watermelons which seem to need hot soil!

See my squash plants!  I may have enough squash to share with the whole town...and we don't even eat alot of yellow squash!  I might end up dropping bags of veggies at strangers houses.

No comments: