Olivia and I headed out to Wisconsin this weekend to finally see our new nephew/cousin Xavier! It's been a while since we saw the girls too, so it was a great trip to catch up. Traveling with a 5 year old is awesome. Or, it could just be Olivia...she's a pretty easy going girl!
She and Ainsley played nicely together and Olivia was really excited to sleep on Ainsley's trundle bed. It was so nice to hang out with my nieces. We talk on the phone, but it's not enough! They are so unique and special. Ainsley is a princess through and through, wearing her pretty little nightgowns to bed and promptly dressing up in costume when she awakes. Even Olivia was dressing up while we were out there!
Beatrix is totally independant. How many 2 year olds head to the bathroom by themselves and tell you in a matter of fact voice later about it? She's amazing. My favorite part was when she put a bowl on the counter and pushed it to the cookie box and looked at me with her brown eyes and innocently said: "cookies please". (it was 9 am so I had to say no...but I gave her some Cocoa Puffs instead) I think the way to hear heart is through food, but I'm still trying. She's a bit stingy on her hugs!Xavier is the happiest little baby. He smiles when you talk to him, even me, a stranger! He is probably the only kid who smiled through his baptism, even his walk around the church with someone he didn't know. He was easy to calm down during his minor crying spells (there were probably 2 the entire time I saw him, and one was because I gave him a spoon to play with...and he whacked himself with it)
Our trip back was good. Olivia had to hold my hand on the bumpy parts of the ride. She thought it was like a rollercoaster, bless her for being so calm!
I only wish they lived closer or I could win the lottery so I could go out more often. I missed having Luke with us, hopefully next time he can come out. Beatrix was really looking forward to playing with him. They could have reveled in their love of Buzz Lightyear together!
1 comment:
Oh, dear, Lukie will have to come the next time. I'm not answering to Beatrix again where Lukie is. And he will have to have a slumber party in her room. I think she felt really left out! I'm also pretty sure Ainsley was way more excited to have Olivia on her trundle bed than Olivia! We talked about it for weeks!! Thanks for coming! See you in August.
Post a Comment