Friday, June 11, 2010

Random thoughts

Why is it that I can put together a crib by myself, but I can't seem to figure out simple bookshelves from IKEA?
Why can I beat all three games on the Wii of Indiana Jones but I can't get passed level 1 on the kids Cars game?
I can remember where any recipe I've ever made can be found (trust me, there are a ton of random ones floating around here), but I forget any appointment that I haven't written down three times.
My daughter is really good at making her bed, but terrible at combing her hair and staying clean.
My son can talk anyone into just about anything, but no one can talk HIM into anything.
I can understand just about any 2 year old but I have no idea what the lady at the nail salon says to me on the phone.
Why have my kids inherited the worst qualities from me (Olivia and her hair again), and only a few of the good ones.
Why do I find it easier to hang out with kids sometimes rather than with their parents?
Why can't I seem to teach my kids anything when I want to? 
How will I ever teach Luke to play baseball when I can't throw a ball near his hands?  They always go over his head or in his face.
Will Olivia ever be able to concentrate on one thing at a time rather than be like me thinking of everything else but what she should be focused on?
Will Olivia ever eat a meal without half of it ending up on her clothes, the floor or on the person next to her.
How will I monitor who they're friends with once they start riding the bus and I have no control?
When will they care about whether their clothes match?
How does Luke always have perfect hair? (this drives me nuts)
How can a kid be so darn cute and so frustrating at the same time?
Will I ever be organized? 
Why can't I find the reciept I'm looking for?

No comments: