
Yesterday I hooked up the Burley trailer to my bicycle and decided to head to the playground...a mere 3 miles away (that may even be pushing it). The kids seemed to enjoy the ride at first, Luke tried desperately to take off his "hat" (helmet) while I pedaled around. Olivia had some issues with all the "bumps", but we made it to the park pretty fast. Of course I ended up leaving right when school let out, which meant increased traffic on my route, and a lot of kids walking around.
I took a picture of the bike at the playground for the skeptics out there...

Once we were there I had to figure out how to get back. See once you are on the park side of the main street, the only way home is up! I had to decide which street was going to have the least incline for me to get back up. Turns out I went the same way I came. But, had to go from standstill at a light to up hill...very steep up hill! So I walked a bit, much to Olivia's horror (Don't walk mommy, pedal!) And after lots of standing up on the bike to get myself going, I made it back.
My legs are burning up today, but it was a good platform for my donut defense (i totally deserve those chocolate donuts after that ride).

No comments:
Post a Comment