Looks like camp is going well. It's hard to pull a lot of information out of Olivia. She only offers a few things like "I went like this today" and makes a circle with her hands...does that mean she drew a circle, or ran in circles? I don't know. And she keeps coming home with half her lunch in her lunch box. I reminded her today of the food she had and she hid it all in the bottom of the lunch box (darn, where does that come from?...I look around and pretend it's not me...) But she told me she made a big splash in the pool which I took to mean that she did indeed get wet (the wet towel in the backpack was a good teller too).
She seems most interested in showing off her small piece of luggage that she totes around (she wanted to bring it to the market yesterday). I tell her to say hi to her friends, and she drags the bag over and parks it and looks at them like "come on, admire my bag."
She still doesn't know the names of the other two girls in her group...I guess she's not making friends with them, or she just refers to them as "girl"...a term she applies to anyone she doesn't have a name for! (well, she does use boy too sometimes).
It's going to be hard waiting until next Tuesday to send her back...it's really nice to get some stuff done with just Luke...he actually stayed in the cart all through out Stew's, and (don't tell Olivia) was really good at the mall!
February round up!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment