I was "that mom" in the grocery store today...you know, the one you feel sorry for because her kids are running rampant and she can't seem to keep them in one aisle at the same time. The one whose daughter knocks over a bottle of juice and it spills all over (in her defense, it fell from the bottom shelf...the top must have been really loose!). The one whose son runs to the end of each aisle with something he can shake...and she just puts it anywhere, not just where it belongs. The one pushing that "limo" length shopping cart with the bench seat at the back...that just holds her purse because the kids won't sit there. The one who bends down to pick up whatever her son dropped on the floor only to hear a million somethings spill on the floor. Oh great, coffee beans. And then she has to carry around one screaming child while the other one sits in the cart looking scared because her mother threatened to leave her in the soup aisle?? Yeah, I was that mother. I think next weekend I'll leave the kids at home while I shop...sadly it will be some "alone" time for me.
2 comments:
When that happens here, we threaten to call the gypsies. Unfortunately we think sometimes that we will have to pay them to take them.
It was one of those days though, that Olivia would have said "OK,gypsies? Cool!"...which would have made things totally worse.
Post a Comment