
We watched Coldplay on the Today show this morning (awesome! Can't wait for the concert) and afterwards saw the review for Wall e. Olivia was so excited, she got me excited and brainwashed me into taking her and Luke (19 months) to the movies. I thought a 10:30 am show would be great. We'll get popcorn, I stocked up on Apple Juice and we hit the road. We sat down, watched one preview and then the Pixar short cartoon started (which was almost as good as the movie, it was really funny!). I should mention that I picked up one of the booster seats in the lobby (never saw those before!) for Olivia, and she was really enjoying sitting up so high!
Luke was great for the cartoon, laughing and drinking his juice and eating popcorn. Then the movie started...about 10 minutes in, I lost Luke. He wanted to turn around and look at people (the theatre was surprisingly full for a Friday at 10:30!) and see the light from the projector up in the back.
Then Olivia needed to "poop" as she loudly said it during a quiet movie moment (thanks for sharing Olivia). So, we grabbed all our stuff and headed out and then came back moments later when she decided she didn't have to go. (what is so fun about a trip to the bathroom???)
This time we sat at the front and I let Luke run around up there since there was only one couple in the 5 rows up there. Well, Luke ran for ONE HOUR of the movie...back and forth, up and down the hallway. I literally crouched next to the row Olivia was sitting in so she wasn't alone and I could keep that little boy in the theatre! He would yell out spontaneously "Wall e!" when someone else was on screen and "what's that", pointing at the aisle lights. Then he noticed the steps and yelled out "stairs" and sat down to watch...and then climb. Seriously, he was hopped up on juice at this point.
We made it through the whole movie (which was awesome by the way) and I high tailed it out of there before the lights came on and people could see who was making all that racket!
Bottom Line, not taking Luke to the movies for another year!!
Olivia really enjoyed the movie though, she thought Wall e was "really cool" making his "cubes" of trash.
Luke was great for the cartoon, laughing and drinking his juice and eating popcorn. Then the movie started...about 10 minutes in, I lost Luke. He wanted to turn around and look at people (the theatre was surprisingly full for a Friday at 10:30!) and see the light from the projector up in the back.
Then Olivia needed to "poop" as she loudly said it during a quiet movie moment (thanks for sharing Olivia). So, we grabbed all our stuff and headed out and then came back moments later when she decided she didn't have to go. (what is so fun about a trip to the bathroom???)
This time we sat at the front and I let Luke run around up there since there was only one couple in the 5 rows up there. Well, Luke ran for ONE HOUR of the movie...back and forth, up and down the hallway. I literally crouched next to the row Olivia was sitting in so she wasn't alone and I could keep that little boy in the theatre! He would yell out spontaneously "Wall e!" when someone else was on screen and "what's that", pointing at the aisle lights. Then he noticed the steps and yelled out "stairs" and sat down to watch...and then climb. Seriously, he was hopped up on juice at this point.
We made it through the whole movie (which was awesome by the way) and I high tailed it out of there before the lights came on and people could see who was making all that racket!
Bottom Line, not taking Luke to the movies for another year!!
Olivia really enjoyed the movie though, she thought Wall e was "really cool" making his "cubes" of trash.
No comments:
Post a Comment