Monday, June 9, 2008

Ghetto Fabulous

I upgrade our "ghetto" backyard pool today with this nifty pool. A slide AND a basketball net, who could ask for more from a backyard "pool"! Olivia couldn't wait for me to blow this up...which took a while with the handpump...maybe I should upgrade to an electric one! And then we filled it with frigid tap water. It was way too cold, despite the hotter than Hades temps were experiencing now. I had to throw in a few buckets of hot water to help it a bit. After you stuck your feet in for a few minutes, they stopped turning blue and it wasn't too bad. Olivia, a typical kid, could care less that it was freezing, and jumped right in. The slide doesn't really work properly as I had to splash it with a ton of water and give her a push. She's no dummy, sticking her feet out to stand so her bum wouldn't freeze at the bottom!

Luke was napping during our pool time, but when he woke up we tried to stick him in...he wasn't having any fun, so he just splashed his hands and threw stuff. Brad is losing sleep over all this crap in our backyard. We swore we wouldn't have the backyard full of junk, but everyday it gets messier and messier...


Last year our rose bushes produced about 4 flowers at a time, I never wanted to cut off any blooms because I would have to wait a few days for new ones to come out! This year they are bursting with buds, which makes us pretty happy! Luke, watch out for the prickers!


No comments: